Notable Acquisitions 2008
Some Acquisitions of note in 2008:
- Westport Rate Book 1914-1917
- Minute book of
Ballina Town Commissioners 18 October 1879 to 5th September 1892.
- David and Goliah or the complete victory of a Mayo Hedge-School pupil over Sir Thomas Drosss a souper Knight by Hugh Joseph O’Donnell Esq., Burrishoole1853.
Ireland : It’s evils traced to their source by the Revd. James R. Page, formerly of Newport and Castlebar 1836.
An authentic report of the discussion which took place in the Roman Catholic Chapel at Easkey in the County Sligo between three Roman Catholic priests and four Protestant ministers on the indiscriminate reading of the Bible, on the right of private judgement in it’s interpretation and on making it the sole rule of faith 1825.
- Copy of settlement on the marriage of the Right Honourable the Earl of
Arran and Miss Elizabeth Marianne Napi er, dated 26th February 1838.
- Michael Davitt Centenary Celebrations 1946 – six photographs.
- All for
Ireland League Membership Card issued to C. P. Kelly , Castlebar c.1910
- A collection of manuscript and printed documents relating to the Land League and boycotting in
County Mayo 1880-1890.
- Framed photograph of Michael Davitt including a note with his signature and message
"Hoping you are well / yours truly / Michael Davitt".
- Denyirs Irish Monthly March 1902 : Book of the month
Ireland’s Appeal to America by Michael Davitt.
- A Letter to J.A. Lawson by Rev. Edward Nangle 1857.
- Truth About the Land League, Its Leaders and its Teaching by H.O. Arnold Foster 1883.
- Finn Varra Maa by T.H. Nally 1917.
- Medical Inspection of
Connaught by John Crampton 1819
- John McDonald : Diary of the Parnell Commission 1890.
Local History Department, Castlebar Central Library, John Moore Rd, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
Phone: +353 (0)94 9047953