Irish Tourist Association Survey, Turlough
View Document (PDF)
First page of Irish Tourist Association Survey for Turlough parish, 1945
The survey for Turlough parish was completed in 1945 by M. Mulligan. In common with most parishes in Mayo there are no towns in the parish, the only villages of note being Park and Turlough. The main area of interest in the survey are the antiquities, which in this instance are Turlough church and Round Tower. There are little or no public amenities apart from church, schools and post office. Sporting activities and clubs are limited to shooting and fishing.
The headings for the Turlough survey are listed below. Clicking on a heading will open the relevant page.