Mansions, castles and estates
View Document (PDF)
Mansions, castles and estates in Moygownagh parish, from Irish Tourist Association Survey, 1942
There are three mansions/estates listed for Moygownagh parish:-
- Owenmore Estate: Residence of the Misses Knox at the time of the survey. Built by the Orme family around 1830
- Glenmore Estate: Taken over by the Land Commission a few years prior to the survey. Owner at the time was Mr. Featherstonhaugh.
- Belville House: Near Ballyglass church. Formerly owned by the Orme family, but unoccupied for years. Believed locally to be haunted.
The headings for the survey are listed below. Clicking on the heading will open the relevant section in the survey.