Amenities & general information
View Document (PDF)
Amenities in Killedan parish, from Irish Tourist Association Survey, 1944
The main town of Killedan parish is Kiltimagh, ehich according to the surveyor had apopulation of 1,000 in 1944. Amenities included the town park, town hall, church, schools and Savoy Cinema. The only important public building described was the Church of the Holy Trinity. The only club listed was the Kiltimagh Dramatic Club. There are comments about the public water supply, about which there was some controversy at the time. A short newspaper cutting from the Western People of September 16th 1944 is included in the survey. This reports on a meeting to discuss the water supply and also mentions arrangements for an inquest into a fire tragedy which occurred earlier in the year.
The headings for the survey are listed below. Clicking on the heading will open the relevant section in the survey.