View Document (PDF)
Historical notes on Keelogues Parish from Irish Tourist Association Survey, 1945.
This section includes a description of Turlough House and a brief history of the Fitzgerald Family who lived there. There are also notes on the history of the Bourke, (de Burgo) family who resided in Turlough and whose property was transferred to the Fitzgeralds in the 17th century. Finally there are notes on the traditional association of the Loughkeeran pilgrimage site with St. Kieran of Clonmacnoise.
Please select one of the categories below to view more information on the ITA Survey for Keelogues.