Irish Tourist Association Survey, Backs
View Document (PDF)
First page of Irish Tourist Association Survey, 1942, for Backs parish
The parish of Backs extends about thirteen miles south and west from Ballina to Loughs Conn and Cullin and is bounded on the east by the river Moy. There are no towns or villages worthy of the name so amenities are few apart from churches and schools. The survey was carried out by Conor O'Brien in 1942.
The headings for the survey are listed below. Clicking on the heading will open the relevant section in the survey.