Irish Tourist Association Survey, Aughaval
View Document (PDF)
first page from the Irish Tourist Association Survey for Aughaval Parish, 1944
View Larger Image.
Postcard photograph of westport House from Irish Tourist Association Survey, 1944
The Aughaval Parish survey was completed in 1944, surveyor, M. Mulligan. Aughaval Parish contains the town of Westport so details of the various facilities, businesses and features of the town occupy much of the material in the survey. In addition to the prescribed forms there are several additional pages dealing mainly with historical topics. Sketches of Murrisk Abbey and Aughaval Old church are included. There are two photographs: the Church of Ireland and the Rectory, home of George Birmingham, and a postcard photograph of Westport House.
The main headings for the Aughaval Survey are listed below. Clicking on the link will open the relevant section.