Acquisitions & Donations 2011
Donations - Mayo County Library is an approved body under Section 484 of the Taxes Consolidation Act, 1997. Tax relief is available to individuals or corporations on cash donations between €100 and €1000
- Footprints on the Sands of Time: Edward Nangle and His Role in the History of theAchill Island Missionary Colony (1831-1921). By Brian Thompson(UniversityofWalesMaster Thesis 2011). Donated by the author.
- High Heels to Soft Spikes: A Centenary History of Castlebar Golf Club 1910-2010. Donated by Joe Gilmartin.
- The Belderrig Curragh and Its People / Curach Dhun haochain agus a Muintir by Breandan Mac Conamhna 2010. Donated by the author.
- Irish Land Commission Return of Judicial Rents (CountyMayo)1883
- Authentic Report of an Important Discussion Held in Castlebar Between The Rev. W.B. Stoney Rector of Newport Pratt and the Rev. James Hughes, Roman Catholic Priest, Newport Pratt. 1837.
- A letter to M. Le Comte de Montalembert of the Government of England by George Henry Moore 1859.
- Michael Davitt New Perspectives by Fintan Lane and Andrew G. Newby 2009.
- Killasser Heritage of a Mayo Parish by Bernard O’Hara 2011.
- The Municipal Revolution in Ireland: A Handbook of Urban Government inIrelandSince 1800 by Matthew Potter 2011
- Westport House Historical Sketch. Description of Adam and other Decorations Restored by H. Sibthorpe & Sons Ltd., n.d.
- Would You Like to Be Buried With My People: Irish Wedding and Funeral Customs.MayoCountyLibrary DVD.
- AFRI Report on Famine Graveyards
- The Murphy Journey 1796-2010 by Mary Mortimer. (includes Mayo families)
- Even the Balls Were Rationed: A Century of Development and Progress at Ballina Golf Club.
- Soccer History:WestportUnited 1911-2011
- Through the Eye of the Bridge: Islandeady and Glenisland 2010.
- St. Nathy’s College 1810-2010 by Fr. Leo Henry 2010.
- A Story Told to Us Last Night: A Selection of Folklore Stories 1937/1938 ‘National Folklore Collection, Schools’ and Folklore Stories from 2010 by Midfield Development Association 2010.
- The Addergoole Titanic Story by Pauline Barrett 2011.
- Michael Davitt in Frame. Mayo County Council 2010.
- Turbulent Diocese: The Killala Troubles, 1798-1848 by Brendan Hoban 2011. Donated by the author
- TheConnaughtTelegraph 1830-2009
- The Mayo News1893-2009
- The Mayo Examiner 1868-1876
Local History Department, Castlebar Central Library, John Moore Rd, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
Phone: +353 (0)94 9047953