Location of Castlebar Library:
John Moore Rd,
+353 (0)94 9047925/9047936
Tuesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Local History
- Daily and local newspapers are available. Back issues may be viewed on microfilm (advisable to book in advance)
- Free Internet Access and access to online information services for library members, such as The Irish Times, Encyclopedia Brittanica, Wilson Periodicals Database, Credo Reference and Factfinder Business Information.
- Free Computer Classes for seniors during the festival of Bealtaine which takes place annually in May
- Special Requests and Inter-Library Loans
- Photocopying facilities
- Castlebar Book Club meets in Castlebar Library monthly at 8:00 p.m. (second Tuesday of the month). All are welcome for an informal evening of discussion about selected books.
- Dedicated children’s area – fiction and non-fiction books. At Castlebar Library we cater for children of all ages – from tiny tots to teenagers. Whether your child likes escaping into a world of fantasy, or prefers to learn more about the world we live in – we have just the book.
- Storytime every Wednesday at 4:00 – our storytime caters for the younger child and helps bring the world of reading alive for them.
- Annual Children's Book Festival every October
- Reference and Information Service -Do you need information on an Act of the Oireachtas, planning laws, the register of electors, medical treatments, Sports injuries, diet and exercise….just ask at our Reference Desk, we will be happy to help you find the information you need.
- Business Information Service – comprehensive collection of management and business titles.
- DVD collection
- Music Collection
- Large Print titles
- Audio Books
- All the latest fiction and non-fiction titles
- Multi-cultural Resources Foreign language collection, currently stocking books in Polish.
- Exhibitions and Events – Castlebar library plays host to an on-going collection of events and exhibitions. If you are interested in showcasing an event or exhibition in the branch please contact the library.